Ham Drive Nursery School
Inspection Report (May 2015 Extracts)
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school
Inspection dates 7–8 May 2015
Inspection team Michael Burghart, Lead inspector
|Leadership and management||Good|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching||Good|
|Achievement of pupils||Good|
- Children of all abilities and backgrounds achieve well. They make good progress, particularly in speaking and listening, and learning to read and write, because teaching is good.
- Accurate assessment of how well children are doing and good record keeping underpin good planning. Staff ensure that activities hold children’s interest as well as covering all required aspects of the curriculum.
- The school takes outstanding care of children, making sure they are safe and that learning is enjoyable. Children are extremely enthusiastic and are keen to come to school.
- The overall quality of leadership and management is good. The headteacher’s leadership is outstanding. He is well supported by the staff and governors. Together, they make a good team and manage the school well. Senior leaders are well aware of the school’s strengths and plan effectively to bring about improvements, especially to the quality of teaching.
- There are strong links between the school, parents and outside agencies that ensure children’s needs are well known and catered for.